Doing it for the kids!
‘Helping your child every step of the way. Our paediatric team believe in making the physiotherapy treatment for the child fun and interactive helping them reach their maximum potential’.
Physiocomestoyou is dedicated to providing access to a team of Paediatric Physiotherapists who work alongside Occupational Therapists and Speech & Language Therapists offering treatment to the child at their home, nursery or school. The therapy is of high quality and convenient meaning that the children do not have to be taken out of school, unecessary travelling is avoided and child care for other children does not have to be arranged. We provide a high standard of assessment, treatment and care for babies, children and adolescents aged between 0 and 19. Detailed reports following the assessment can also be requested. A comprehensive approach is used so that optimal physical development is achieved. Children require physiotherapists with specialist paediatric skills as their anatomy and function needs are very different from adults due to the fact they are constantly growing and changing everyday.
Our assessment looks at the child’s posture, gait, strength, tone, joint range of movement and their gross motor skills.
From the assessment a specific treatment programme is tailored to the child’s individual needs and goals. It is essential that treatment is age appropriate and fun to ensure good compliance and to enable integration into the child’s daily routine.
Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy
We work alongside paediatric OT’s and SALTs who can also see children at home or school.
- Musculoskeletal and Sports Injuries – back and joint pain, postural problems, soft tissue injury, gait abnormality, hypermobility
- Developmental Conditions – developmental delay, preterm and premature babies, general global developmental delay. Click here to see information on stages of development of a child.
- Respiratory Conditions – cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, long term ventilated children
- Orthopaedic Conditions – fractures, positional talipes, Erb’s palsy, torticollis, plagiocephaly, perthes, before and after surgery including multi level surgery for cerebral palsy and other neurological conditions, SUFE’s
- Neurological Conditions – genetic syndromes, cerebral palsy (hemiplegia, diplegia and quadriplegia), head injuries, spinal injuries, brain tumors, neuromuscular disorders
- Neuromuscular Conditions – including duchenne muscular dystrophy and spinal musular atrophy
Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy – our paediatric physiotherapists are specialised in treating children following SDR treatment . Click here to see how they can help before and after the SDR procedure. The SDR brochure from Louisville includes extensive information about the procedure
How could my child benefit from paediatric physiotherapy?
There are many causes of children having developmental delay, injury to the brain, orthopaedic or neurological problems. Depending on the individuals’ issues (found in the assessment) there can be problems with mobility, posture, standing, walking, going up stairs, balance and function. The physiotherapist will work on training the large muscles in the body and increasing their strength particularly in the legs, arms and stomach. They will aim to increase the body control and help develop better:
- Better ability to do activities of daily living
- Flexibility in joints and muscles
What does paediatric physiotherapy involve?
The physiotherapist will discuss goals with the child and parents. A treatment programme will then be devised aimed at achieving these goals. Treatments can include the following:
- Working on the soft tissues and muscles with massage
- Working on the joints
- Doing stretches and specialist exercises with the child
- Teaching the parents and child stretches and exercises to do in between sessions
- Advice on posture
- Advice on equipment including walking aids if required
- General advice
- Exercise equipment such as weights, gym balls, exercise bands, mats, wobble cushions and other child specific fun equipment are often used to help in the rehab.
- Members of the Association of Paediatric Physiotherapists
- Use Evidence Base Practice and adhere to continuing professional development to ensure able to offer the most current evidence based treatment for children
- Work closely with NHS physiotherapists and rest of your childs rehabilitation team
- Support the childs family and carers to ensure the best outcome from daily therapy programmes
- Extensive experience working with children with all classifications of cerebral palsy (hemiplegia, diplegia and quadriplegia).
- Extensive experience working with children with different movement problems such as athetosis, chorea, spasticity and dystonia.
- Provide easy to follow printed exercise programmes for parents, carers and children to follow
Charities We Recommend
- Tree of Hope Charity – www.treeofhope.org.uk – charity offering hope to families of sick children in the UK needing specialist medical help
- Cerebra – www.cerebra.org.uk – charity set up to help improve the lives of children with brain related conditions
Looking for paediatric physiotherapy in London? Our team is composed of experienced physiotherapists who provide comprehensive assessment and treatment to patients at home or work.
Please get in touch for more information about our products and services.
Michelle was Very knowledgeable, confident and very helpful. Immediately located the issue and the treatment was incredibly helpful. Very warm and personable with some very helpful advice and guidance.
- Patrick Edwards
Really excellent service. Gemma, who arranged the appointment was great, and Jacob the physiotherapist excellent. I called and within almost 12 hours I was seen and made better!
Veni was great with my Father. Both of them got on well & my Father feel very comfortable with her. Looking forward to Veni providing further Physio for him!
- Parveen S.
I'm really happy with the service received from them. I used them twice and both times the therapists were great, professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Plus the convenience of being seen at my own home.
- Katerina Georgieva
Kate Ewing is a wonderful physio, so patient and understanding. We feel so confident in her knowledge and skill and are looking forward to more sessions..
- Vicky O'Connell
Very good manner and at dealing with patient
Many thanks to all at Physiocomestoyou
- Ali Zaman
Great service and so much easier them coming to your home. Had physio for my 2yr old after his leg was taken out of plaster and Maria was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly with him.
- Louise P.
Jacob was very good and gave lots of helpful exercises and advice. my feet and ankles have definitely improved since his visit so would definitely recomment.
Florence was just fantastic! She helped renew my confidence and was very detailed
I thought your whole service was excellent from booking to receiving treatment. Unfortunately my mother (patient) did not want to continue with treatment at this stage. I thought Abideen was superb and kept me informed in detail of how the treatment went. I have no doubt that if my mother would have given herself a chance with Abideen then she would have been on the road to recovery by now, but I couldn’t force Her. I would definitely recommend your services to a friend.
Excellent service and prompt with materials in hand.
- Seun Ashaye
This was the first time I've use Physiocomestoyou services, and so far I am very happy. Customer services is excellent, and Lauren is very nice and professional. I can't wait for my daughter next appointment.
- Andreea Perju
I had an incredible experience with physio. James Bradley - I had nerve damage and though I'm a professional fitness instructor, I could not move past it- within an hour and a half he had me up and moving- really the BEST experience I could have had and so grateful he showed up on time to my home. What a gift.
- Lyndsey Seale
James was thorough, clear in his explanations and about what I should expect from the treatment. He was also able to put me at ease during the session. Overall this has been a very good experience and I would be happy to recommend the service to a friend.
- Helen Welch
I called around to many clinics but they either don't do home visits or were not taking new patients. I was able to find one through PhysioComesToYou and the service was amazing. A high professional organisation.
We were assigned James Bradley (who is a fantastic physiotherapist) to help my father recover his mobility following a stroke. I cannot speak highly enough of his bedside manner and professionalism. I would recommend both PyhsioComesToYou and James
- Ojas Patel
Lockdown had the merit of flushing out those dark alcoves where excuses live to put off exercise but more time at home can leave you prone to over doing it. That was my story with what started as a niggle in my heal developing into a massive inflammation of my achilles and forced hanging up of my running shoes. That's when Physio Comes to you comes in. The lay up was inevitable but what was concerning was the prospect of finding a high quality physio to aid my return to tempo and long runs in the midst of tier 4 lockdown. It was great to hear the reassurance that a quality physio was on hand and the home visit that was promtpty arranged put me well on the road to recovery. It may be a while yet before clocking those sub 7 minute miles but with these guys with me every step of the way I know that when the running shoes are back on I will be in best shape.
Angela was brilliant, very considerate and professional. Most impressed
- Evan Parker